Srinagar, Aug 22: At least six houses were damaged in fire mishap in Nudresh Colony in Bemina area of Srinagar on Monday.
An official said that fire broke out from a residential house and in no time it engulfed other houses.
He said that fire and emergency dept along with police and other departments besides civilians rushed to the spot to rescue civilians and douse off the fire.
He said that fire was controlled only after it had damaged at least six residential houses and short circuit is said to be the cause of fire, however, investigation has been taken up.
Meanwhile, locals have demanded compensation for the affected families.