By: M Haroon Abbas
“The brutal murder of a Dalit youth from Punjab on the Singhu border of Delhi , in October 2021 was very sad and shameful. Taking the incident seriously, the police would take strict action against the culprits and like Lakhimpur Kheri, the Dalit Chief Minister of Punjab should give 50 lakh rupees to the victim’s family and government job, BSP has demanded this.
But the surprising thing is that parties and leaders who do politics on death by seeing caste from Godi media become silent when the politics responsible for the murder of a Dalit is this flexible administration. In 5 big incidents that shook UP, within 24 to 48 hours, he has worked to heal the wounds of the victims by giving compensation and government jobs.
1- Lakhimpur Kheri scandal
- Incident – Within 24 hours of the Lakhimpur violence of October 3, the government agreed with farmer leader Rakesh Tikait. The basis of which was the amount of compensation and government job.
- Compensation- The government promised Rs40-50 lakh and more jobs to the families of the 4 dead. Within 48 hours, the compensation cheque was delivered to the family members.
- Justice- The investigation of the matter is going on, on one hand the SIT is investigating and on the other hand the Judicial Inquiry Commission has also been formed.
2 – The famous Hathras case of rape and burning of the dead body
Hathras case: Father of Hathras gang rape victim demands strictest action against the accused from the Chief Minister. Then the Yogi government has increased the compensation from 10 lakhs to 25 lakhs while the family is very poor.
- Compensation : Increased from 10 lakhs to 25 lakhs while the family is very poor. but no government job
3 – Manish Gupta massacre of Gorakhpur
- Incident- On September 27, Manish Gupta, a businessman from Kanpur, died in Gorakhpur after being beaten up by the police. When the ruckus increased, CM Yogi reached Kanpur to meet the victim’s family. Along with the investigation in the matter, compensation and job was announced to the family.
- Compensation- Financial assistance of Rs 40 lakh to the victim’s family and government job to wife Meenakshi on the post of OSD in Kanpur Development Authority (KDA).
- Justice – The investigation of the case is ongoing.
4 – Murder case of Hindu leader Kamlesh Tiwari
- Incident- On October 18, 2019, Hindu Samaj Party President Kamlesh Tiwari was murdered in broad daylight in Lucknow. it resulted in heating up the political scenario in the state and rest of the country. The Yogi government continued to remain under the scanner.
- Compensation- The government announced Rs 15 lakh cash and a house in Sitapur to the family of Kamlesh Tiwari.
- Justice – The matter is pending in the court. The accused is in jail.
5 – Massacre of 11 tribals in Sonbhadra
- GTNA- a massacre in Umba village of Sonbhadra district in 2019 year. It is said that such an incident happens in UP after 30 to 40 years. Where 11 tribals were shot and killed.
- Compensation- Announced an assistance of Rs.18 and a half lakh to the family of the deceased and Rs.2.5 lakh to the next of the kin of the injured.
- Justice- SIT was formed in the case. Action was also taken on the basis of the report. Some arrests also took place.
6 – Lucknow Vivek Tiwari murder case
- Incident- Apple’s area manager Vivek Tiwari was murdered in Lucknow on September 29, 2018, a year after Yogi Adityanath became the Chief Minister. The charge was leveled against a police constable Prashant Chaudhary. This incident happened at midnight. When questions were raised on the government, immediately compensation and government jobs were announced in the matter.
- Compensation- Within just 4 days, the government gave compensation of 40 lakh rupees to the victim’s family. Along with this, the wife of the deceased Vivek was also given a job in Lucknow Corporation by the state government.
- Justice – The matter is currently in court. The main accused is in jail.
Why is there no compensation and government jobs for the violence against the Dalit tribals?
Along with putting, there are incidents of many such crimes which shook the country but do not know how many incidents are there which we do not even know. Violence against Dalits in Dangawas in Rajasthan (2015), Rohit Vemula (2016), Gang rape and murder of a 17-year-old Dalit girl in Tamil Nadu (2016), Saharanpur violence due to loud music (2017), Bhima Koregaon (2018) and Dr. Payal Tadvi’s Suicide (2019), these cases were discussed all over the country but the series still did not stop.
While 42,793 cases were registered in 2018, 45,935 cases were reported in 2019.
In Madhya Pradesh, recently, many such news would come to the fore which is shocking, but what has happened to them, someone was burnt alive, someone was tied behind and dragged on the road to death. But nobody talked about compensation and job to the family in these incidents?
A Dalit youth is brutally murdered in Hanumangarh, Rajasthan. For 3 days, the relatives sit on the dharna with the dead body. But neither the government takes care nor any delegation of the ruling Congress takes care of them. Whereas the Chief Minister of Punjab says to give 50 lakhs in Uttar Pradesh.
If we look at these figures, then one thing becomes clear that even today there is a disgusting face of casteism in the society where there is 1 crore on the death of upper caste, then 40-50 lakh for OBC backward class while for Dalit tribals if If there is a lot of ruckus, then 10 -15 lakhs otherwise the administration makes them sit like this.